Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sometimes We Just Don't Feel Like Eating Rice for Iftar and Sahur

I did not know why suddenly I felt like I wasn't in the mood to cook. I sms to hubby asking "Yang, any idea for iftar?'. Hubby too had no idea of what to eat for iftar. "Order je la." Ha ha...that's exactly what I wanted to hear. So, for iftar today, we had fried chicken and apple pie ordered from Southern Fried Chicken (SFC), the Dubai version of KFC.

Ain had fish n chips, Apit with his favourite fries (he could have all by himself) and Along with her favourite pizza cheese.

The day before, we also had something else other than rice for iftar. Hubby and the kids love eating burger, so Chef Haza took over the kitchen that Tuesday preparing for the whole family.

On Saturday (20.9.08), we had pizza for sahur. We bought the ready made dough at Carrefour MOE on Friday after coming back from Ramadhan bazaar. It was a plain dough with only tomato sauce spread on it. We garnished it with more tomatoes, onion and sprinkled more cheese and there it was...the super supreme pizza for sahur.

Sprinkling more mozarella cheese...

The smell of the baked pizza could make the kids' eyes wide open for sahur . An unusual sight to be seen during sahur time.

5 comments:

me and i said...

I am so full by just savouring your iftar menu. Modern gile.....maklum la duduk kat kota yang begitu advance...

Anonymous said...

Anak I hari hari nak nasi goreng telur for sahur. Kalau ynag lain, depa takkan makan byk. So senang la kerja I kan hu hu hu.

me and i said...

Ziela, i nak balik Kedah esok dah..x sempat nak tunggu your pre raya entry...so kat sini I nak minta maap banyak2 dari hujung ke hujung...apa yang terkata,termakan, terguna, terambil dari 1990 hingga 2008 minta ampun and minta halal. Take care,safe cooking, safe baking, safe rayaing...Enjoy your Raya di Perantauan...jumpa minggu depan noh....

domestic engineer said...

Tq for the raya greetings and all Naza. I've put the raya greetings in your blogs tu. Hope you sempat baca before leaving for your kampung. Tolong makankan ketupat, lemang, lontong, soto, kuah kacang, rendang dan sewaktu dengannya. Syahdunya alahai......

domestic engineer said...

Bagusnya, senang keja you Wiz. My hubby masa kecik pula (mak dia citer la), mesti nak mee goreng everytime berbuka...hi hi hi. Nasib baik dah besar panjang ni tak camtu lagi. Kalau tak naik muak la I memasak mee goreng everyday.