Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Facebook maniac...??

If the word 'maniac' only refers to 'a person who has an extremely strong desire or enthusiasm for something', then I would dare to call myself a Facebook maniac at the moment. But if it brings the meaning of *'a person who has an extremely strong desire or enthusiasm for something, to an extent that other people think is NOT NORMAL', then I'm not! ha ha ha...

To be frank, I've been more easily accessible at Facebook since the last couple of weeks, as compared to my blog or emails. Too bad that I just couldn't balance my leisure time between facebooking and blogging just like my SIL and a few other friends did. I'm telling myself that I should improve on this, ok.

I will still blog as I need some non-human channel to pour out my feelings, my heart, my mind, my thoughts...to keep me sane and this is it.

This FB craze did not leave me for nothing. I got to be in touch with many long lost, old friends in Msia, UAE and also other parts of the world (especially those who are currently struggling their way towards getting a doctorate). What makes you hooked up to this is that the moment you send a message, you'll get a reply/replies within seconds, sometimes from several friends at the same time.

Through this FB, I also got to know that...when I envy those friends who are currently doing their Phd overseas (because I do not know if ever I have that opportunity too hmm..), to my surprise, they envy me too! (not all). Hmm this cikgu tidak bergaji is being envied ke...hmm...

p/s - To friends who asked, you can reach me at FB by keying in 'Ziela Salih' and country 'Dubai, UAE'. (Sorry friends, lambat inform)

* Taken from Oxford University Press

6 comments:

Syigim said...

i'm an FB maniac too! join the club! :P

domestic engineer said...

I know it...hehehe..

Mother of Two said...

patutler senyap dan sunyi blog dia..

domestic engineer said...

Tau takpa hehehe...tapi tak senyap selamanya insyaAllah...

Anonymous said...

Ziela, do we really need to be envious in the first place? It is always like that with us humans kan, nak envy kat orang jer. It's time to scrape that away and live the remaining time we have left in this world to love, to cherish and to be happy with ourselves and others around, with or without that PHD! I have made peace with myself.

domestic engineer said...

Well, we are all humans. But the envy that I meant there is more of the positive one...we should sometimes be envious in order for us to get ourselves moving. However I agree with you Wiz. Let's spend the remaining time left to love, cherish and be happy with our lives, our selves! Thanks for the comforting words.